Key Deployment Information and Players¶
The installation and deployment of Okera in your environment proceed most smoothly if you collect the information required and identify and contact the necessary people before you begin.
Identify Key Players¶
To help you identify the people required to deploy Okera, list the people in your organization responsible for:
- Software deployments. Please include individuals responsible for manual (configuration testing and sorting) and automated deployments.
- Your network/cloud infrastructure.
- Your security infrastructure. Please include individuals responsible for IAM, security groups, SSL certificates, and identity management (LDAP/AD/Okta/SAML).
- Platform operations.
- Development operations (DevOps).
- Data security policies.
Having these people available to answer questions and provide necessary access and information can speed up deployment.
Provide Key Contacts for Okera¶
To help Okera Support work with you, please answer the following questions.
- Who will be Okera's primary point of contact? This person should be responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed about Okera, its deployment, and its use in your organization.
- In which time zones do your teams operate?
- Is there a Steering Committee? Can the Okera Customer Support leader be included?
High-Level Deployment Questions¶
Before we start the installation and deployment of Okera, please answer these questions.
- What is the delivery time frame for this project?
- What is your first Okera use case, and how would you define success for its implementation?
- What are the long-term use cases or plans for your use of Okera?
Collect Installation Information¶
Before you install Okera, be prepared with the following information.
- Do you have a preferred systems integration team or partner?
- What is your cloud infrastructure for managed Kubernetes and its corresponding operating systems?
- What databases do you support?
- What managed compute engines do you use?
- What storage systems do you use?
- What cloud warehouse do you use?
- What managed catalog do you use?
- Which data operations tools will be used to deploy Okera (for example, Helm)?
- Which analytic (BI) tools will be used with Okera? What versions of these tools do you have installed?