Before You Start¶
Before you start creating policies in Okera, be prepared with the following information.
- Have you identified your sensitive data?
- What is the scope of data security you wish to enforce? (row-level, column-level, encryption)
- Do you have a data privacy and security framework in place with defined roles?
- Do you have security and data authorization policies in place?
- Are the policies enforced enterprise-wide or departmentally?
After you have answered these questions, you will be better prepared to create and manage tags (to identify sensitive data), connect to your data stores and register the datasets and URIs from them, and create policies (permissions) for your data.